Saturday 23 November 2013

The Autumn Lip Line Up


Whether you still classify November as Autumn or not, here's my rundown of the lipsticks that have made it into my line up for the next few months...

A mixture of subtle nudes, deep reds, and berry hues are welcomed with open arms this time of year. There's even the odd occasion a full on purple (meet MAC's Up the Amp here) will make an appearance. If you're not a fan of the bold and bright, I've got a few muted options that still pack a punch for a wintery lip.

Nudes: Enter: MAC Hue and Shy Girl - not pictured above, but either one of these two is bound to hit all the nude lip check points. For a deeper wash of colour try Bobbi Brown Baby Pink* - my go to milky rose lip. Or, my much raved about Liz Earle lipstick in Heather*, a gorgeous plummy brown toned nude - looks quite grown up and somewhat 'grannyish' in tube, but applies gorgeously. 
On a budget? Elf lip pencils in Natural and Tea Rose are flawless for a matte finish, and for more of a sheen pick up L'Oreal Collection Privée (swatches here).

Reds: The festive season always calls upon a strong red lip so here's my skimmed down selection for you: MAC Ruby Woo = ultimate fail safe for a deep blue toned red, great for making your teeth look white. Chantecaille's Tiger Lily* is also stunning for making a statement - for more deets click here. Hourglass Liquid Lipstick in the shade Icon is high on my list for Christmas party lip, but more on that coming soon. For a more toned down wash of colour try the Bourjois Color Boost lip crayon in the shade Red Island*.

Plums & Berries: Possibly my favourite category, and great for this time of year day or night. During the day I love to wear Kate Moss 05 or MAC Craving, which is a gorgeous plummy rose shade that truly deserves a post of it's own alongside MAC Plumful - my most worn autumnal lipstick that's slightly more purple than Craving. Budget Berries include: Topshop Beguiled - a deep blue toned plum, great for a night out; and L'Oreal Color Riche 290 in the shade Plum Passion, which has a gorgeous creamy formula and stunning pigmentation- I'm wearing it here.

Let me know what makes your autumn/winter lip line up!
 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//Youtube//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I really want to try that ruby woo shade from mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Woo is the queen of all reds. Perfect for someone as pale as I am! I love that I can eat a cheese burger while wearing it and it'll stay put too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've been wanting to try some plum reds as I always stick to brights. They look lovely for winter! xx

    Hips Like Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these picks! Reds, plums, and berries are my fall/winter lip line up!


    www.fashionsontop.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unnnnnnnnnnnffffff I want them ALL dear god!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous... as if I need any more lip products! ;)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)