Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Perfect Nude: L'Oreal Les Nudes Collection Privée




Being fair skinned I find it hard to pull off nudes, they either wash me out or lean far too dark so it's difficult to find that happy medium. I was really intrigued by L'Oreal's Collection Privée, which boasts a custom nude lip shade for every skin tone, and had to try them out for myself. I love the collaboration with various spokes models, including Cheryl Cole, Eva Longoria, Frieda Pinto, and fellow red head, Julianne Moore.

I tried and tested three nudes from the collection, and found that some shades meant for more olive, honey toned complexions still looked flattering on me, so it's worth giving these a swatch before choosing your staple nude.

Above, I'm modelling the Cheryl Nude noted as a 'greige glow' that compliments honey tones complexions, yet this was my favourite of the bunch. I found it warm and inviting, plumping up my lips without going too bold with colour. The Julianne Moore shade, which is aimed at delicate and paler skin tones such as mine, is a gorgeous rose pink. I tend to blot this on as I prefer a more subtle lip, this definitely seemed to be the brightest of them all going more towards the your lip but better route.

I found these to last on my lips a maximum of three hours, so these are one for re-applying but I do find that with most nude lipsticks. I love the creamy formula and pigmentation of these, definitely going to be braving a nude lip more now.

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//Youtube//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. I'm a fair skinned girl too and completely agree about the nudes. I find myself struggling to find nudes that other girls look amazing while wearing. Which is why I tend to go for the bolder looks.
    This colour looks really nice though, since it isn't completely nude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fair skinned too so I know what you mean when you say its hard to find a nude that doesn't wash you out! That one looks really nice on you though. xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collection of nudes. The zcheryl Cole one really suits you.


    Kelly | secondhandspring

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a soft spot for the Cheryl lippie - will I look like her if I pop it on?!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great on you! Also, your eyelashes look amazing! What mascara are you wearing in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm wearing Bobbi Brown Smokey Eyes Mascara! x

      Delete
  6. That's a lovely color on you, and your eyelashes are killer! Which mascara(s) do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of these, they seem really wearable! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also struggle with finding the right nude, my skin is olive/tan so some pinks make my look icky! Will def give these a go, they look beautiful. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors look so pretty! I might have to give this line a try because I have a hard time finding good nude colors. Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This color is STUNNING I love my Loriel lipsticks they feel so much more expensive than they are x

    Nicola @ Cosmeticsmile-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I now won't be able to look at you at all without seeing Julianne Moore. Gorgeous! Love that smokey eye with the nude lip.

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard anything about these, they sound great though! I love that each spokes model has their own shade.

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colour, I like the look of these Cheryl lipsticks, I had no idea they were coming out. I might have to see if I can get them on 3 for 2
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colour look gorgeous on you! Love the idea and the packaging!

    Mlhauken // Beauty, Lifestyle & a bit Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the packaging and you look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always have the same problem with nude shades, but this range seems fantastic. It's amazing how the Cheryl shade seems to suit almost all skin tones.

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)