Monday 25 November 2013

Skincare Spotlight: Antipodes



A few weeks back I attended an afternoon tea with lot's of lovely bloggers and the founder of Antipodes (for more info and lot's of foodie snaps click here). Having never tried anything from the brand I was really excited to try some of their newest items, as well as cult favourite the Aura Manuka Honey Mask*.

I particularly love the philosophy behind Antipodes skincare, for me it's a major plus that the ingredients for each and every product have been carefully selected from natural ingredients for an organic product. I find natural products much more suitable for my sensitive skin and so was extremely excited to try their products. 

First up, the Antipodes Hallelujah Lime & Patchouli Cleanser* intrigued me as I've become accustomed to using balm cleansers instead of cream. I found this a joy to apply, I think a lot of the success behind Antipodes if the gentle formula's and amazing fragrances. Packed with essential oils such as the nutrient-rich avocado oil, macadamia nut, with patchouli and kawakawa to purify and uplift - you just know this smells heavenly. The cleanser was soft, gentle and effective without provoking any rashes or redness but instead cooling my skin. Thumbs up.

New to the range is the Delight Hand & Body Cream*. Now, it takes me a lot to get excited by a hand or body cream, but this product is something else. I can't help but whip it out and caress it into my skin, namely my hands, which are becoming quite dry and cracked due to the weather. Again, it's the scents that draw me in most. Gorgeous pangs of Gardenia hit my senses and the macadamia nut oil is silky soft and high in palmitoleic acid (Omega 7), which richly hydrates your skin with the helping hands of Marigold flower oil and antioxidant extract of Vinanza Grape for extra dry patches. My mum, my auntie, and even my brother have been known to swipe this from me to use, I just can't get enough.

I've saved my favourite for last, in the form of Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask*. You've probably seen this raved about of many a blog, so I will save too much spiel and just let you know that this is a dream in mask form. Again, soft and gentle, my skin laps this up greedily. I use this once a week as a treat to hydrate my skin, as well as tackling any pesky blemishes I might have. I apply this after the cleanser and leave for around twenty minutes whilst I potter around the house. By now you'd have guessed that this too smells divine, with hits of vanilla pod and mandarin greeting your nostrils. The manuka honey is a traditional Maori remedy to draw moisture back into your skin, breathing in new life, whilst the red pohutukwa bloom (again traditional to New Zealand, where Antipodes is based) is one of natures finest antioxidants. All I know is that science smells good, and this stuff really works at plumping up and hydrating my skin.

With all of those being such a success in my skincare lineup, I'm really excited to try some more. In particular their new Grace Cleanser* and Joyous Night Replenish Serum*, but more about that in their own post soon...

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//Youtube//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. There's so many masks I want to try from Antipodes, I've heard good things on almost all of them :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try that honey mask! It sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antipodes is such a gorgeous brands. There are so many items I want to purchase from them! Its definitely something I'd treat myself to ;)

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antipodes is always a brand that I want to try but I feel that I don't know enough about them to make an order... Jealous of this lot!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of the brand, I'll have to check them out, lately I'm all about natural products, especially for my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I hear about is the manuka honey mask! But it does look so so good.
    catrinteleri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few Antipodes purchases, my favourite purchase from them has to be the manuka honey mask it smells delicious and tend to leave it on for longer than it says! x

    Abbie | Dainty Little Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such and amazing brand, i don't think ill be able to resist picking up a few things!

    LauraThroughTheLens

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Honey mask always sounds lovely, I still haven't tried anything from them though!

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for payday so I can finally purchase something from their range! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cleanser and Honey mask are now firmly on my wishlist! Lovely post Lauren, I've never tried Antipodes but am certainly looking forward to doing so now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post!
    xx
    daniela
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These products sound lovely, will take a look :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love Antipodes. Their mask IS like a dream in a tube! I never knew that a mask could be a hybrid between a moisture mask and a deep cleansing mask, but they've managed it. Like you've said, it also smells heavenly!
    I've been using their night cream, day cream, and grape seed butter cleanser, which are great picks as well :) Haven't been dissatisfied with a single product yet!
    teenbeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)