Sunday 10 November 2013

The Sunday Post: Afternoon Tea with Antipodes


Yesterday morning I braved the rain and wind all in the name of afternoon tea. I headed back into London to meet the lovely Megs for an afternoon of scone scoffing and the best tea I've ever tasted, all courtesy of Antipodes.

Now, Antipodes is a brand that I've heard only good things about but never tried for myself, so it was lovely to meet the founder and have a chat about their latest products with a nice hot brew. When testing something out it's always best to rely on your senses primarily. Whilst my taste buds where being treated to an assortment of miniature puddings, I fell in love with the fresh scents of gardenia and macadamia and the soft, butter consistency of their hand cream.

I can't wait to review their products properly for you all, when I got home that evening for my brother's birthday buffet my family were lining up to give the hand cream a go for themselves. A very big thumbs up from LR HQ. I'm really looking forward to testing out the night serum this evening as my skin is really getting battered by the wind lately.

How are you spending your weekend?

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. Your hair looks even more gorgeous than usual in that photo! The cakes look so yummy too, glad you enjoyed yourself :)

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time Lauren! Afternoon tea really is one of the best things in life, along with a good brew of course! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that afternoon tea looks delicious! Very jealous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty photos! The afternoon tea looks and sounds amazing!

    Becca || Becca Said x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love antipodes especially their aura manuka honey mask! And that afternoon tea looks soo yummy! Hope you had a nice day :)

    isabella ♥

    http://pinkiepromisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'd die for a cup of tea right about now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos the food looks so yummy and I love Antipodes <3

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a really nice event. I've never tried anything from the brand but as more and more people rave about it I feel I need to!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting & what a lovely place to meet. Afternoon tea is so yummy so between that & talking products I would have been in heaven.
    Can't wait to read your reviews
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds lovely, I'm a big fan of Antipodes, especially their Aura mask - smells gorgeous and is so relaxing. Hope you enjoy your samples :)
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Afternoon Tea. The hand cream sounds amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo, how delicious! Tea is my FAVOURITE meal of the day (and yes, it is an actual necessary meal hehe!) Kat x
    londonkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How utterly lovely! I'm glad that you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic opportunity :) Antipodes are a brand I really want to try as everything just sounds superb!
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG you made me hungry. SCONES <3

    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    Miki xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just tagged you to do The lipstick tag. Check out my blog for more details :)

    www.sophalou.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)