Friday 22 November 2013

Five Things Friday: For a Top Night In


This week I've been very poorly, I'm actually writing this from the hospital at the moment, and we all know hospitals suck. Tomorrow night I'm looking forward to my own bed and so this weeks Five Things Friday was inspired by a craving for a good night in, with crappy tv, hot chocolate, and my duvet.

1) You can't settle in to an evening in without having a nice hot soak in the tub, and washing all your stress away. I love massaging Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion* into my skin once I've dried off. Is it me or do all Soap & Glory bath products smell good enough to eat?

2) Whilst I'm letting the moisturiser soak in and work it's magic (and having cleansed my skin thoroughly) I like to apply a face mask and chill in my towel with some YouTube videos. Mask of choice at the moment has to go to Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask* - I think I have a thing for things that smell good. The scents of Mandarin and Vanilla Pod are extremely inviting, and this mask works wonders at hydrating my skin.

3) The pampering continues in the form of beauty magazines (did you spot me in Pure Magazine, above?), and nail primping. I'm feeling rather festive at the moment so have adorned these glittery Butter London shades.

4) Pampering done, there's nothing left but to sit back and relax with some tasty treats. So, stock up on Haribo's, nachos, and your beverage of choice (I'm partial to a glass of white wine) and slip into your onesie. I love flicking through my favourite blogs and I couldn't do this post without mentioning Jenny Purr, I spent a good hour flicking through all her recent posts and getting lost in it all - a great read.

5) I find nothing sets the mood better than switching off the lights, switching on a good Julia Roberts flick by candle light. I love melting into my duvet with various tea lights flickering on my window sill. Bliss.

What makes a great evening in for you?

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//Youtube//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. That Soap & Glory Butter Yourself smells amazing!

    Tiny Alis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my hands on that Antipodes face mask. I've been reading great things about it. My evenings at home are best spent getting cozy under a duvet with a large cup of tea :) especially now that it's cold outside. Hope you feel better soon, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. body lotion is definitely in my top five too :)

    check out my giveaway over on my blog,
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nail colours, they both look so gorgeous! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you soon feel better. I've want to try that antipodes face mask for ages. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are okay gorgeous girl. ha my face in pure beauty, pure hillar <3 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try that Antipodes mask! It looks absolutely divine :) xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're okay! This has made me want a cosy night in sooo badly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear you're in the hospital! I hope you get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Friday night pamper is going to feel like an extra treat when you're out of hospital! Hope it's soon.

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, I hope you get well soon! I know all too well how horrible it is in the hospital

    My perfect night in usually consists of a bath with a creamy Lush bubbly bar crumbled in, a good book, a slice of cake and some sort of comedy show/movie to lift my spirits :)

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely post, and I do hope you are home and feeling better soon. Thank you so much for this series, I have been really enjoying doing it too.
    Kat x
    londonkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post. love the body butter! feel better!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like a relaxed, cozy night in! Feel better!!

    xx Caroline
    coffeeandcaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh I hope you start to feel all better soon :)
    The Antipodes mask sounds dreamy, one day I will get around to buying it.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like a perfect night, you are so invited to my next girlie sleepover, haha. I hope you're feeling much better soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)