Wednesday 27 November 2013

Bourjois Colour Edition 24 Hour Cream to Powder Eyeshadows





As part of their Christmas Collection, Bourjois released a fresh take on this seasons smokey eye with their Colour Edition 24 Hour cream to powder eyeshadows. There are six shades to choose from, but I've found myself reaching most for the three used above: The Silver shade - Merveille d'Argent*, The Plum Purple (and my personal favourite) Prune Nocturne*, and finally Pétale de Glace* - a dusky rose with mauve undertones. For £6.99, these are a steal.

I love the luminous finish these cream shadows give off, and the fact that they dry to powder gives is a major plus in the longevity stakes (perhaps not for 24 hours) -  although I do suggest using a eyeshadow primer. I found these a bit rough to begin with and recommend warming up the product with your fingertips and smooth over your lids. You can build up the colour using a fluffy eyeshadow brush - I use my MAC 217. 

Above I have used Pétale de Glace all over the lid and then softly blended Prune Nocturne into the crease, with Merveille d'Argent as a highlight by my tear duct. For a more intense night time look, I'd suggest building Prune Nocturne up some more, or using these as a base before applying powder eyeshadow on top. Prune Nocturne is the stand out shade for me with flawless pigmentation, and also works well for a warmer smokey eye using the golden shade from the range, Or Désir

What are your thoughts on cream eyeshadows? Will you be picking these up?

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//Youtube//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

21 comments:

  1. i desperately want to try these! ive seen so many posts on them and they all look beautiful :)

    check out my giveaway
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prune Nocturne is my favourite shade at the moment! I love the dark flecks in the pan and how purple it looks on the eyes - perfect for christmas x

    www.crazylins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of Prune Nocturne, it is such a gorgeous colour! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look beautiful, especially prune nocturne! I love cream shadows at the moment, might have to give these a go! xx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooo beautiful!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!!
    These eyeshadows look really pretty,
    I think I will have to invest in some!

    officialpaulapiranha.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving Bourjois at them moment - they seem to be releasing so many amazing products. I like the look of these Cream Shadows. I will be checking them out
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try these so badly! Bourjois is unfortunately pretty limited where I live, so I haven't been able to get my hands on these, but I'm seriously lusting over that plum shade.

    http://loveaugustblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prune nocturne is just gorgeous! Love the eye look :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so pretty, the combination of them is stunning!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH wow these look so beautiful - I WANNA TRY!!!
    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to pick some of these up soon! They look gorgeous!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm head over heals for Prune Noctern! I find they have such an odd consistency though, but that could be the testers in boots and superdrug being all dried out and manky....

    Charlotte - Blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! I definitely need to get my hands on them! x
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so effortless and gorgeous, Boujois make so many nice things its not fair. Definitly going to pick one of these up! Adore your blog, would love it if you took a look at mine, it's not as good as yours but I'm trying! :)

    Best wishes,
    Rachel from Claireful

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing, I love the plum colour too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a little scared of cream shadows, should i just bite the bullet and give them a go? I just have visions of all my eyeshadow pooling in the crease of my eyes come lunchtime... The metallic shades are second to none though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these shades of cream shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so, so stunning! I love the deep, cranberry shade.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delicate color! Do you use any makeup locks on your eyelids? My shadows are always showered under the eyes, and in the evening I look like a panda.

    //Regards, student https://ecoleschool.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Buy a top 10 luxury car brand: price of titanium
    Price of ford transit connect titanium Titanium-Arches: titanium apple watch band Ferrari is cerakote titanium now babyliss titanium flat iron selling for more than $6 million, an increase of the 16,000 race tech titanium units sold, while a

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)