Saturday 8 June 2013

fruity refreshers




Whenever I pop over to my nan's house I am always greeted with an ice cold fruit refresher. Whether it's water infused with blueberries and raspberries, or, for a more citrus based punch, laden with lemons,  oranges, and limes, they always go down a treat.

I do like the taste of water on it's own, as long as it's cool, and have been trying to up my game on my water intake in a bid to improve my skin. I opted for a combination of punchy citrus flavours with the fresh taste of strawberries and raspberries. I leave my water jug in the fridge over night the fruits to let them infuse the water to add delicate notes of each flavour to the water. I find freezing the sliced fruit beforehand also heightens their flavour


I tend to drink mine alone with the fruits to nibble on once I've gulped down the water, however, my boyfriend prefers to instead add only a touch of water, pile on the fruit and mash together to really bring out their flavours and create something more similar to a smoothie. Both are delicious and a great way to doll up a somewhat boring glass of h2o and refresh the taste buds.

Do you have any summer drinks that quench your thirst?


 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Think I'm gonna try these, love your blog by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so refreshing and summery, lovely pictures! I really like to slice cucumber and put that in my chilled water, that tastes really fresh.
    Eleanor x


    www,porcelaineleanor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing this too, as well as making lots and lots of iced tea! Just thought that I'd let you know your blog is probably my absolute favourite at the moment, great job x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like it :) and thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bit of cucumber too, really cooling! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what, I've never tried Iced tea, I may have to give it a whirl! And aw wow Beth, that's so lovely of you, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)