Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed  $26*

It's no secret, Blushes, in all shapes and forms, are my weakness. I am obsessed to say the least. My blush drawer has to be my most coveted and I often find myself playing around perusing through and ooh-ing over how pretty they are, does that make me weird? 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes have been on my wishlist for quite some time and I've been even more desperate to get my clutches on the shade I am going to big up today, Exposed. Maybe it's because Tarte blushes aren't easily available in the UK that I wanted to own this SO badly, I mean you always want what you can't have, right? Or, maybe it's because the claim of their strong staying power that drew me in. I think its a bit of both.


I absolutely love the packaging and floral design imprinted on the blush, so cute. Each compact reflects the shade of the blush inside. I find this really handy when trying to find or figure out what shade to go for that day when I'm in a hurry and have no time to search for labels. What I find great about Tarte Blushes is the fact they can be removed from their pan to add to a palette if you wish, although I prefer keeping mine in its compact. It's sleek and has a good sized mirror for application on the go, perfect!

When swatched I began to worry that the blush was that bit too powdery for my liking but once applied my fears were averted. The powder is soft and makes blending an easy process with a very natural, and nearly matte, finish. I find using my RT Stippling Brush or Contour Brush great for application as less really is more and not much is needed.


(please ignore how utterly awful this photo is, my skin is NOT co-operating at the moment!)

As for the 12 hour claim I don't know if I can completely agree with that statement BUT Tarte Blushes do last longer than the average blush and I can leave the house knowing my blush will stay intact for up to eight/nine hours.
Exposed is described as simply a 'nude' shade but there are definite plummy undertones which suits my cooler skin tone to a tee. This blush was very much needed in my collection as rosy pinks were beginning to take over. Exposed is a great shade for everyday wear and adds definition to the face helping to achieve that killer cheekbone look that every girl craves (Eddie Redmayne, your cheekbones are wasted on a man!). For those of you that can't get your hands on this I would thoroughly recommend you try NARS Douceur which is a very similar nude shade but a little bit more rosy and less plum based than Exposed.

 What Tarte shades are you after or are there any nude blushes you can recommend? I think I want to try Tipsy out next, I just wish they were more readily available in the UK. BRING BACK SEPHORA.

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png

instagram: ohlittlered

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

7 comments:

  1. ahh! so jealous you have this! it looks lovely on you. i really want some tarte blushers, especially exposed & tipsy. might buy nars douceur as it seems quite similar to exposed. blushers are my fave too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad went to New York and I told him he had to find this! It is very similar to NARS Douceur but more plummy! Thank you, Caroline! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped into Sephora the other day for this blush but they were sold out. Want to even more now that Ive seen this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I hate when that happens but you're lucky to live by a Sephora, so jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lusting after so many Tarte products. This blush looks amazing in the pan & it looks fab on you too. I am heading to San Francisco in June & shall be picking up a few of these blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you love! Ooh, let me know what you pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up Tipsy when I was in the US last year and I'm in love with it, its amazing quality with even better saying power. I'm going back in April so I can't wait to pick up a few more :)

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)